Raid Times

Home Forums General Raid Times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hysteric
    Participant

I remember reading a post on the main page that raid times had not been decided yet and will depend on the player base. I’m curious what the ideal days / time / # of nights would be. I live on the east coast and am available most weeknights. If most of our roster likes to play weekends and wants to raid until 2am my time then i wouldn’t be able to raid at all.

Armd
    Participant

I can play during most week nights, however I will have an early bed time. I get up around 4:30am CST for work. I’ve thought about taking a nap right after work but I don’t have set shifts all the time…

I’m probably in the minority here but Fridays and weekends give me the most amount of available game time. I wont be able to perform my job on less than five or six hours of sleep during the week, I’m not that young anymore…

Archy
    Keymaster

Majority week nights, PST time. Stay tuned.

Focus

Asylumsaint
    Participant

Yeah, any rough estimate on times will help ASAP. Within the next week ill be signing up for my college classes for fall and I wan’t to make sure I don’t screw myself on times haha

Archy
    Keymaster

Earliest 18:00 PST, latest 19:00 PST. Most likely the later.

Focus

Asylumsaint
    Participant

How late do you think, midnight PST? or later? I’m not so much worried about when they start, but when they end. Chances are all have a class at 9am (10am PST) so id be good up to about midnight / 1am but not much later if its a school night. 90% sure ill have school M/W/F 10am to – 3/4pm PST. I don’t see it being an issue, Just wanting to make sure I have a full grasp on what to expect.

Archy
    Keymaster

We’ll typically end before midnight. At least we did in the past.

Focus

Idle
    Participant

PST is rough for me as well as I’m also on the east coast. I could swing something like 6-9PST (9-midnight for me) but much later would kill me. I am off every other Friday so at least every other Thursday I’d be able to go until whenever, hah.

Hysteric
    Participant

Thanks for your interest guys but PST is a deal breaker. I’m an adult with a full time job raiding until 3am a few nights a week will end in me getting fired.

I raided with a MST guild in WoW-TBC and it was brutal.

Best of luck with this game.

Raffi
    Participant

My work schedule is Sunday – Thursday, 7 AM to 3:30 PM EST (PA) and I have off starting 5/29 and ending 6/7. I already knew raid times were in PST though since back in ’99 so, no problems here, I knew what I was getting myself into.

The only difference, when we were raiding back in EQ, this was not a simple 4 hour event, unless it was Naggy/Vox.

Long live Afterlife! Let the games begin!

Archy
    Keymaster

If PST or server choice is an issue that is no problem, please feel free to move on to where you need to be. Just let me know if anything changes. In regards to how long raids go, we are all not sure what WildStar will need, however in the past we would raid for, roughly, 3 hours. Hours fluctuate when in progression mode.

Focus

Bearstrike

Unfortunately it looks like you all will be raiding a little later than I can go as well. Didn’t realize you were all on PST time and anything after 9pm PST is gonna be too late for me most nights. If anything changes I’ll be back to reapply. Thank you for your time.

Manorien
    Participant

Ideally I would have a Friday or Saturday free. Starting at 630 PST is ideal for me.

Zynn

Mon-Wed nights work best for me, 5pm PST ’til whenever.
    All other times are subject to wife approval, so probably <10% of the time and only with advanced notice.

If I recall correctly, one of the videos about raids (DevSpeak maybe?) said that raids would be pretty long (GA, ~4 hours; DS ~6 hours). I haven’t heard anything about leaving a raid and coming back (e.g. the next day) to continue where you left off, but I imagine they will need something like that.

Idle
    Participant

Yes they save progress.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.